- This event has passed.
CyberCamp – Summer Session 1
July 20, 2020 @ 9:00 am - July 24, 2020 @ 11:00 am$20
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s CyberCamp will be held online using a virtual platform, allowing coordinators, instructors, and student to participate without having to meet at a physical location. The cost of each session is $20 per student.
Attending an AFA CyberCamp is the perfect way for students to learn some of the fundamental technical skills they’ll need for a career in cybersecurity while exploring other careers in STEM. Many students use their experience with CyberCamp to get involved with the regular CyberPatriot program that runs during the academic school year.
· This single, state-wide session will run July 20-24 for middle school and high school students
· CyberCamp will run 9:00-11:00am, Monday thru Friday
Students will learn various cybersecurity concepts Monday thru Thursday, and on Friday will put their new skills to the test by participating in a national mini competition against all other CyberCampers for that week across the country!
· All CyberCamp sessions will be held virtually by default. Therefore, students will need to provide their own computers/laptops and reliable internet connection to participate.
· 64-bit computer or laptop running Windows (Chromebooks/Chromium OS does not support the competition environment)
· At least 128MB of free space to download the VMware virtual competition environment.
· Course content will be made available on an online learning platform that can be accessed by any browser, and remote instruction will be provided via videoconferencing (i.e. Zoom, Webex, etc.).
· The week before camp we will contact you with instructions on how to download VMware and the camp workbook.
If social distancing guidelines allow, WMCAT may be open to provide computers, a high-speed internet connection, and to broadcast the virtual instruction for a limited number of students who might not have these resources at home. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Looking forward to helping you learn about cybersecurity in July!