[ Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to Register ]
Deadline: April 10, 2020
Location: WMCAT – 614 First St NW, Suite #300, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Duration: 5 days (40 hours) | Monday, April 20 – Friday, April 24 (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Delivery: This course will be taught live + remote online by a certified Mile2 instructor.
(Cohort participants are invited to please co-locate at WMCAT for synchronous instruction.)
Cost: $2,500 per person
Included: Live + remote “hands-on” instruction; Course materials (videos, virtual labs + lab guides); Exam prep + Certified Security Principles (CSP) exam
Internet access and video access to the remote instructor will be provided.
Participants should bring their own computer/device (BYOD).
Training Level: Beginner
Coursework: 40 hours of instruction material (content + labs)
CPEs Earned: 40
The objective for this course is to understand the principle security knowledge to keep companies’ IP and IT infrastructure safe, including the following:
- Fully understand Security from a real-world viewpoint
- Implement security controls on systems within an environment: network, data, servers, host, mobile, cloud
- Understand risk management and how each individual or department can be part of reducing risk
- Understand cryptography at the basic level to ensure a company is implementing this correctly
- Understand how to impose controls for mobile and IoT devices
- Prepare for the Certified Security Principles Certification or Security+ certification
- Become part of the solution for improving the security posture of your company
This training is aligned to pass the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
The IT world never stands still! Therefore, neither can IT security. It does not matter whether you’re talking about the implementation of IoT devices or cloud services, security is at the forefront of all of them. According to a recent study, the top source of security incidents within a company are the current employees. We do not want you to be one of them.
Mile2’s Certified Security Principles course provides the skills necessary to apply and implement technical knowledge of security concepts in today’s security environment. Students will gain an in‐depth knowledge of systems security, identity and access control, network infrastructure, network and data security, assessments and audits, risk management, cryptography, and organizational security across all vendor products.
Those who complete this course will understand the principle security knowledge to keep companies’ IP and IT infrastructure safe and will be prepared benefit to any company that is attempting to improve its security posture. With this certification, you will be marketable to any company, anywhere on the globe.
- Module 1: Introduction to IT Security
- Module 2: Risk Management
- Module 3: Understanding Cryptography
- Module 4: Understanding Identity and Access Management
- Module 5: Managing Data Security
- Module 6: Managing Network Security
- Module 7: Managing Server/Host Security & Scanning
- Module 8: Application Security for Non-Developers
- Module 9: Understanding Mobile Device Security (IoT)
- Module 10: Managing Day to Day Security
- Module 11: Understating Compliance and Auditing
Who Should Attend?
The Mile2 Certified Security Professional (CSP) course is designed to prepare individuals to pass the CompTIA Security+ exam. and obtain an entry-level cyber security position. This credential helps ensure your credibility and success within the information technology and information security field(s), and may also be helpful to qualify for a position in the field(s), including (but not limited to) the following roles:
- IT Specialist – Information Security
- IT Security Specialist
- Information Security Specialist;
- Cyber Security Specialist
Common job titles for participants:
Support Technician, IT Professionals (specialists; admins; etc.), Server Administrator, Network Administrator, Virtualization and Cloud Administrators, anyone that needs a general understanding of security, those seeking the CompTIA Security+ certification or a comparable alternative
Recommended minimum one – year of experience with server administration or network administration. General understanding of business processes is beneficial.
WMCAT is located at the corner of First St NW and Seward Ave NW. WMCAT is the entire third floor of the building.
Parking information will be shared with registered participants prior to the event.
Please contact Anthony Tuttle, the Program Manager for The Cyber Hub at WMCAT.